The Best Game-Day Routine to Be Ready
for a Friday Night Football Game
As a high school football player, you know that game day is important. You have worked hard all week in practice and studied game film to make sure you are prepared. Now it is time to put it all together on Friday night.
How can you make sure you are physically and mentally ready to perform your best? Read on for the best game-day routine to help you make sure you are ready to take the field.
Steps to Prepare on Game-Day
1. Get a good night’s sleep – This may seem like an obvious one, but it cannot be stressed enough. A good night’s sleep will help your muscles recover from the week’s practices and allow you to be well-rested for the game.
2. Eat a healthy meal – Eating a nutritious meal will give you the energy you need to power through the game. Avoiding processed foods and sugary drinks will help keep your energy levels steady throughout the game.
3. Visualize success – Take some time before the game to visualize yourself making plays and being successful on the field. picturing yourself doing well can help increase your confidence and positive mindset going into the game.
4. Warm up properly – Warming up before the game will help prevent injuries and get your blood flowing. Stretching and doing light exercises will help prepare your body for the physical activity of playing football.
5. Focus on your breathing – When game day nerves start kicking in, take some deep breaths and focus on slowing down your breathing. This will help calm your nerves and allow you to focus on playing well.
6. Hydrate – Staying hydrated is critical for peak performance on the field. Make sure you drink plenty of water in the days leading up to the game, as well as during halftime and after the game.
7. Have fun – Remember that playing football is supposed to be fun! Relax and enjoy yourself out there on the field, and let your hard work all week pay off with a great performance on game day.
Following this routine on game day will help ensure that you are physically and mentally prepared to take the field and perform at your best. Just remember to relax and have fun, and let your hard work all week lead to success on Friday night!